Shoes & Accessories Design
Tuition fees per Year
Non-EU citizens: €19.350
Objectives of the Intensive Shoes & Accessories Design
Accademia del Lusso's Shoes & Accessories Design Intensive Course provides industry-focussed, innovative training that allows students to become pioneers in the shoes and accessories industry.
Italy is renowned worldwide for its successful leather goods industry, and this course brings together the same artisan craftsmanship and high-tech industrial processes used within the most famous Italian luxury businesses, in a truly unique course that will inspire and excite, bringing to life the creative ideas of students from Italy and across the globe.
Footwear and accessories collections are a core business for most international fashion brands who deal with clothing and sports design, and more and more brands are moving into this area of luxury & fashion. Today, an increasingly competitive market requires designers capable of creating collections that are commercially viable and product-oriented, without neglecting an original and innovative creative element.
This course is designed with the job market in mind. Taught by expert teachers who are also industry professionals, you will learn a variety of practical, creative, and business skills that will set you up for a very successful career in the industry.
Experimentation and sustainable innovation are a key part of the course, and activities such as workshops, visits, seminars, networking opportunities and sector events will give you experience and ensure you are prepared for the work of work.
Certificate awarded by Accademia del Lusso upon successful completion of the course.
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Suitable level of English
Please see How to apply for information on admissions procedures
At Accademia del Lusso you will be taught by working professionals who have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Our Intensive Courses are highly specialised and practice-based, designed for personal and professional growth and for developing a high level of professional skills that are in-demand in the job market.
Lectures are combined with workshops and project work both in and out of the school, and field trips to companies, events, trade fairs, and important industry locations will take place throughout the course.
Students will be assessed throughout the course and at the end will present a thesis project.
FASHION PRODUCT DESIGN – THEMATIC AREAS
The program of the Intensive Course Fashion Product Design is organized into thematic areas, with specific teachings divided according to well-defined fashion fields, and practical laboratories, essential for applying and perfecting the acquired skills in practice.
Contextualize and organize studies with comprehensive paths
Shoes Drawing & Design
Trends and research, design processes, construction techniques and materials, rendering, merchandising and production, laboratory activities.
- Trends and research
- Design process
- Planning and development of shoes
- Materials and technical specifications of shoes
- Drawing and rendering
- Merchandising and production
Shoe Pattern Making
Analysis of shoe production processes, pattern design, material cutting and prototype assembly, development of a final shoe design and assembly project.
- Introduction to shoe manufacturing. Analysis of basic blocks
- Examination of shoe production processes; analysis of materials and components for production
- Shoe pattern making on paper and cardboard. Cutting materials and assembling a prototype designed by the student
- Development of a final project, which involves the design and assembly of a shoe.
Accessory Drawing and Design
Methods, techniques, and tools for shoe design. Planning, design, material research, drawing, and practice.
- Design process
- Planning and development of shoes
- Accessory materials and technical specifications
- Drawing and rendering
Analysis of accessory production processes, design of models, cutting of materials, assembly of prototypes, development of a final project.
- Introduction to accessory processing. Analysis of basic blocks
- Examination of accessory production processes, including analysis of materials and components used in production
- Modeling of accessories using paper and cardboard. Cutting of materials and assembly of a prototype designed by the student
- Development of a final project
Fashion Computer Graphics
Graphic software: introduction, mood boards and color palettes, 2D rendering, portfolio development.
- Introduction to major graphic software for creating mood boards and color palettes
- Techniques for 2D digital rendering
- Development of the final portfolio based on the personal collection
3D CAD and Rendering (Shoes, Accessories, Bags)
Study and use of software and rendering techniques for 3D modeling.
- Utilization of 3D software for digital representation of shoe, accessory, and bag models
- Study of digital rendering techniques to create a realistic 3D model
Material Technologies and Certifications
Study of the main materials used in the production of shoes and accessories, regulations and certifications ensuring sustainable and proper use of materials and production tools.
- Study of the main materials used in the production of shoes and accessories
- Analysis of the most important and up-to-date regulations and certifications ensuring proper and sustainable use of materials, machinery, and tools dedicated to the production of shoes and accessories
History of Shoes and Accessories
Evolution, history, and case studies of fashion and accessories.
- The evolution of fashion, costume, and accessories up to the 1970s
- Analysis of case studies
Laboratories and Experiences
Accademia del Lusso's laboratories are spaces designed for hands-on training, where students can acquire technical skills and experiment with specific materials and tools.
In addition, meetings, visits to museums, libraries, and showrooms are organized, along with participation in key events in the fashion and luxury world, such as fashion shows, events, and industry fairs, to witness the greatest talents in the fashion business in action.
Lastly, an important part of the teaching in Intensive Courses is dedicated to project experiences with the business world in the product, service, and communication areas, as well as meetings and seminars with professionals from the fashion and luxury sectors to explore and deepen understanding of cutting-edge realities and new trends.
Work Weeks and Workshops
The course will ensure you can cover roles relevant to the artistic creation of a shoe or an accessory. You will also be able to manage the production and creative processes of the entire fashion product chain.
Our aim is to prepare students to enter the job market effectively and quickly. To this end, our placement service is constantly working to consolidate partnerships with the most prestigious fashion and luxury brands and businesses, the most original maisons, and the most innovative start-ups. We have built stable yet dynamic relationships that promote talent and our vision of sustainable innovation. Our Careers Office is in contact with some of the best companies and agencies: this allows 90% of students to find important internships or professional collaborations within 6/8 months from the end of their course.
Career prospectsWhat are some of the main career opportunities offered by the Intensive Course in Shoes & Accessories Design?
01.Shoes & Accessories Designer
- specialises in designing and developing new models of shoes and accessories.
- responsible for managing production processes, the processing of fabrics and materials, and the setting up of the machinery and equipment used in this area.
- the genius behind the artistic creation of a garment or accessory. Fashion designers study fashion trends, develop sketches, select colours and fabrics, and oversee the final production of their designs.