Fashion Communication Management in Milan
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Attendance mode: Full-time
- Language: English
- Next start date(s):
- February 2020 (Applications are open)
- October 2020 (Applications are open)
- Class size: Limited class size
- Credits: 60 CFU credits
- Tuition Fees:
- EU Citizens – €18,950
- Non-EU Citizens – €23,900
Scholarship opportunity: Scholarships available for the October 2020 edition of this course taught in English. Apply by 20th March 2020.
Click here for information.
A high-level course combining expert knowledge of luxury communication strategies with business and managerial skills to shape the fashion communication leaders of the future
Scholarships available for the October 2020 edition of this course taught in English. Apply by 20th March 2020.
Click here for information.
Fashion Communication Manager, Fashion Event Organiser, PR Manager, Press Office Manager, Fashion Editor, Web Editor, Social Media Manager, Stylist, Research Consultant, Trends Researcher, Art Director
Working in a managerial position within a luxury fashion brand requires professionals who are able to combine creative ability and business acumen.
Experts in Fashion Communication are important channels between fashion organisations and their consumers, and their role is to convey the creativity and identity of brands through a diverse array of media including written, audio and visual.
Accademia del Lusso’s one-year Master’s in Fashion Communication Management is a full-time intensive course which enables students to follow every stage of a communication plan for a fashion or luxury product (including aspects such as the briefing, the marketing strategy, photoshoots, press release and event organisation) and to manage the team of professionals who form part of the communications area of a fashion or luxury business.
Taught by experts from the industry, the course gives students the opportunity to enhance their creative skills whilst developing business awareness, critical thinking, and leadership abilities.
The course curriculum is forward-looking and varied and combines classroom lectures with seminars, practical workshops including meetings with brands, businesses, and industry experts, as well as field trips to trade fairs, fashion events, businesses and other key sector locations and businesses.
What you’ll learn
The wide-ranging curriculum of our Master’s Course in Fashion Communication Management will give you an essential awareness of the complexity and interrelated nature of the fashion industry.
The course includes the study of fashion image, journalism, marketing, management, communication and culture, creating a multidisciplinary study path that shapes students into fashion communication specialists who also possess extensive transferable skills.
Through the introductory modules you will solidify your understanding of the fashion and luxury system and in particular the history and characteristics that define Made in Italy. You’ll also learn about fashion and international markets and examine how trend forecasting is done. Through these modules you will broaden your knowledge of the industry and develop your critical thinking and awareness.
You will move on to specialised areas such as the techniques of fashion journalism, publishing and editing and the different professional roles within an editorial office. You’ll learn about freedom of press and the relationship between publishing and advertising. Both print and digital media will be examined.
You will study public relations, the press office, and communication strategies in the fashion and luxury sector.
You will learn about fashion event management including how to organise a launch event for a fashion or luxury product. You’ll analyse event budgets and be able to draft a quote, choose guests, and manage the mailing list.
You’ll analyse all stages of fashion image production for publishing, advertising and lookbooks, including examining the roles which contribute to the process; particularly paying attention to the fashion stylist’s tasks and to the organisation and management of photoshoots.
You’ll perform role-plays and presentations, take photoshoots, and complete group projects as well as individual research work. You’ll take part in debates and discussions with established professionals and visiting experts, and you’ll go on numerous field trips to specific fashion and business locations.
The course also aims to give you the confidence and insight to be able to launch a business of your own through targeted lectures and workshops on personal branding.
• Made in Italy & Luxury Goods System
• Luxury & Fashion Marketing
• Trends & Research
• International & Fashion Markets
• Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop & InDesign)
• Fashion Journalism & Web Editing
• Press Office & Public Relations
• Fashion & Luxury Event Management
• Fashion & Luxury Communication
• Styling & Shooting
• Social Media Management
• Personal Branding
– Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
– Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
– Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Master’s Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
– Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
– Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
– University qualification: Gain a recognised university qualification from our partner university.
– Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
HOW TO APPLY
Accademia del Lusso has a personalised and flexible approach to admissions, and we accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications.
To apply for this course, please fill in the online enquiry form and you will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Your place on the course will be confirmed once you have completed the registration procedure and payment. There is no deadline for applications. The course has a limited number of students, and we recommend you apply early to avoid disappointment.
• 3-year university undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
• Suitable knowledge of English
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top management roles spanning diverse areas of the fashion and luxury sector, including:
• Fashion Communication Management
• Fashion Events
• PR Management
• Press Office Management
• Fashion Photography
• Fashion Media
• Fashion Styling
• Web Editing
• Social Media Management
• Image Consulting
• Fashion Research
• Fashion Consultancy
• Trends Research
• Art Direction
The knowledge and skills you’ll acquire during the course will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.