Fashion Brand Management in Milan
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Attendance mode: Full-time
- Language: This course is available in English or Italian
- Next start date(s):
- October (Applications are open)
- February (Applications are open)
- Class size: Limited class size
- Credits: 60 CFU credits
- Tuition Fees:
- EU Citizens – €20,950
- Non-EU Citizens – €25,950
A fast-paced, dynamic course shaping skilled managers with a deep understanding of fashion and luxury brand management strategies and digital tools
Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Licensing Manager, Sales Manager, Retail Manager, Fashion Buyer, Product Developer, Commercial Director, Merchandising Manager, Distribution Manager, Account Manager, Strategic Planner, E-commerce Manager, Social Media Manager, Communication Manager.
Managing a brand in the fashion and luxury industry requires professionals who are able to combine creative ability and business acumen.
This full-time, intensive one-year Master’s course is ideal for aspiring fashion entrepreneurs, who dream of starting or managing a fashion or luxury brand or who want to work in one of the many different areas related to fashion and luxury management.
The course is designed to enable students to develop a high level of managerial, marketing, strategic and entrepreneurial skills, allowing them to cover high-profile roles in the fashion and luxury industry worldwide.
Taught by experts from the industry, the course gives students the opportunity to enhance their commercial skills whilst developing business awareness, critical thinking and leadership abilities.
The course curriculum is forward-looking and varied and combines classroom lectures with seminars, workshops including meetings with brands, businesses and industry experts, as well as field trips to trade fairs, fashion events, businesses and other key sector locations and businesses.
What you’ll learn
The wide-ranging curriculum of our Master’s Course in Fashion Brand Management will give you an essential awareness of the complexity and interrelated nature of the fashion industry.
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of Made in Italy and the luxury system in general, including through the analysis of important Italian and international case studies.
You’ll become grounded in trend research & forecasting and acquire the tools which enable brands to develop unique products and services that are in line with consumer demand. You’ll look at brand development and positioning, get to know the characteristics of fashion products and their production procedures, and understand the timings of fashion and the evermore important concept of eco-fashion.
You’ll learn how to promote a brand’s philosophy through understanding the key elements behind the marketing strategies used by luxury brands, and you’ll understand market evolution and how to analyse consumer needs and competition.
You’ll be able to come up with a communication strategy, follow advertising campaigns, and gain important retail, sales and fashion buying techniques, including through developing a merchandising plan.
You’ll be introduced to the digital tools used in fashion graphic design, examine how brands use social media and how they present products through e-commerce.
You’ll study how fashion brands use personalised marketing & branding to attract and inspire clients and learn about consumer behaviour and how to balance instinct and reason when approaching different client styles.
You’ll learn essential teamwork and leadership skills: brand managers need to be able to collaborate with a wide range of professionals including the production and sales departments as well as existing and potential clients.
You’ll perform role-plays and presentations and complete group projects as well as individual research work. You’ll take part in debates and discussions with established professionals and visiting experts, and you’ll go on numerous field trips to specific fashion and business locations.
The course also aims to give you the confidence and insight to be able to launch a business of your own through targeted lectures and workshops on personal branding.
- Made in Italy & Luxury Goods System
- Luxury & Fashion Marketing
- Trends & Research
- International & Fashion Markets
- Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop &InDesign)
- Fashion & Luxury Communication
- Social Media Management
- Buying Techniques & Merchandising
- Experiential Marketing & Branding
- Retail Management & Sales Techniques
- Licensing & Brand Extensions
- Fashion Product
- Personal Branding
- Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
- Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
- Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Master’s Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
- Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
- Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
- University qualification: Gain a recognised university qualification from our partner university.
- Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
HOW TO APPLY
Accademia del Lusso has a personalised and flexible approach to admissions, and we accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications.
To apply for this course, please fill in the online enquiry form and you will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Your place on the course will be confirmed once you have completed the registration procedure and payment. There is no deadline for applications. The course has a limited number of students, and we recommend you apply early to avoid disappointment.
- 3-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Suitable knowledge of English or Italian
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top management roles spanning diverse areas of the fashion and luxury sector, including:
- Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
- Marketing Management
- Buying for the Fashion and Luxury Sector
- Retail Management
- Product Development
- Sales Management
- Fashion Communication and Public Relations
- Fashion Distribution Management
- Fashion Account Management
- Strategic Planning
- Fashion Consultancy
- E-commerce Management
- Social Media Management
- Communication Management
The knowledge and skills you’ll acquire during the course will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.