Fashion Collection Management
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Attendance mode: Full-time
- Language: English
- Next start date(s):
- January 2021 (Applications are open)
- October 2021 (Applications are open)
- Class size: Limited class size
- Credits: 60 CFU credits
- Tuition Fees:
- EU Citizens – €18,950
- Non-EU Citizens – €23,900
An innovative course providing specialist technical and creative knowledge of fashion production combined with business and management skills
Fashion Collection Manager, Product Manager, Production Technician, Fashion Coordinator, Fashion Buyer, Research Consultant, Creative Director, Fashion Buyer, Trends Researcher
Working in a managerial position within a luxury fashion brand requires professionals who are able to combine creative ability and business acumen.
This one-year Master’s in Fashion Collection Management is a full-time intensive course which shapes students into experts in the product area of fashion and luxury businesses.
The curriculum combines the teaching of a range of businesses aspects with specific technical knowledge of fashion production. The course is designed to enable students to develop a thorough understanding of collection design processes and production united with a high level of managerial, artistic, strategic, and entrepreneurial skills, allowing them to cover high-profile roles in fashion and luxury companies worldwide.
Taught by experts from the industry, the course gives students the opportunity to enhance their creative skills whilst developing business awareness, critical thinking, and leadership abilities.
The course curriculum is forward-looking and varied and combines classroom lectures with seminars, practical workshops including meetings with brands, businesses, and industry experts, as well as field trips to trade fairs, fashion events, businesses and other key sector locations and businesses.
What you’ll learn
The wide-ranging curriculum of our Master’s Course in Fashion Collection Management will give you an essential awareness of the complexity and interrelated nature of the fashion industry.
You will first solidify your understanding of the fashion and luxury system as well as the characteristics that define Made in Italy in particular. You will go on to gain an awareness of marketing, communication, and legal aspects and you’ll become grounded in trend research & forecasting and acquire the tools which will enable you to develop unique products and services that are in line with consumer demand.
You’ll understand what makes a fashion product and how the fashion supply chain works, including collection timing. You will be able to follow and manage the entire production process of fashion and luxury products from design to distribution and learn about the evermore important concept of eco and sustainable fashion throughout the process. You will also examine every step in the process of creating a fashion collection, including choosing materials and researching final details, as well as costing and choosing the sample collection.
You will study fabrics and examine the Italian textile industry. You will look at how garments are processed and analyse their basic blocks, fitting, and alterations and you will gain familiarity with the main technologies used in the clothing and textile industries including a working knowledge of the digital programmes used in fashion graphic design for tasks such as moodboard creation and image management.
You will understand the different roles in fashion buying and merchandising, be able to get the most out of a buying budget, and you’ll understanding pricing.
You’ll learn essential teamwork and leadership skills: product managers need to be able to collaborate with a wide range of professionals including the production and style offices as well as designers and the sales department.
You’ll perform role-plays and presentations and complete group projects as well as individual research work. You’ll take part in debates and discussions with established professionals and visiting experts, and you’ll go on numerous field trips to specific fashion and business locations.
The course also aims to give you the confidence and insight to be able to launch a business of your own through targeted lectures and workshops on personal branding.
- Made in Italy & Luxury Goods System
- Luxury & Fashion Marketing
- Trends & Research
- International & Fashion Markets
- Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop &Illustrator)
- Fashion Product & Fabric Technology
- Collection Design & Planning
- Collection Costing & Processing
- Buying Techniques & Merchandising
- Pattern Development & CAD
- Personal Branding
- Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
- Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
- Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Master’s Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
- Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
- Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
- University qualification: Gain a recognised university qualification from our partner university.
- Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
HOW TO APPLY
Accademia del Lusso has a personalised and flexible approach to admissions, and we accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications.
To apply for this course, please fill in the online enquiry form and you will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Your place on the course will be confirmed once you have completed the registration procedure and payment. There is no deadline for applications. The course has a limited number of students, and we recommend you apply early to avoid disappointment.
- 3-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Suitable knowledge of English
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top management roles spanning diverse areas of the fashion and luxury sector, particularly within the product and production areas of businesses, including:
- Fashion Collection Management
- Fashion Product Management
- Fashion Production
- Fashion Coordination
- Buying for the Fashion and Luxury Sector
- Fashion Research
- Trend Research
- Trend Forecasting
- Product Development
- Fashion Consultancy
- Creative Direction
The knowledge and skills you’ll acquire during the course will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.