Fashion Product Design in Milan
Intensive 1-Year Course
- Duration: 1 year
- Attendance Mode: Full-time (compulsory)
- Language: This course is available in English or Italian
- Start Date: October 2019
- Limited class size
- High school/upper secondary school qualification (leaver’s certificate)
- Suitable knowledge of English or Italian: demonstrated by a formal certificate or Skype language interview
Collection Designer/Planner, Fashion Consultant, Fashion Designer, Fashion Graphic Designer, Pattern Maker, CAD Pattern Maker, Dressmaker, Sewing Technician.
The Intensive Course in Fashion Product Design in Milan at Accademia del Lusso prepares students to become professionals who are able to manage the entire production chain of a fashion product, from the original sketch design to the final creation of a garment.
The course aims to give students an in-depth knowledge of the advanced creative skills and practical techniques necessary to work in the fields of design (artistic representation, textile technology, colouring techniques, fabric technology, and the graphic development of sketches), pattern making (paper pattern making techniques directed mainly at womenswear) and tailoring (garment assembly using industrial machinery).
Some of the Subjects Taught in this Programme
- Drawing & Technical Specifications
- Fashion Trends
- Collection Planning
- Fashion Digital Design
- Prototype Creation
- Pattern Production & Development
- Fabric Cutting & Marking Methods
- Fabric Analysis
- Using Automatic Sewing & Ironing Machines
Accademia del Lusso offers those who successfully complete the Intensive 1-Year Course Fashion Product Design in Milan the opportunity to be considered for an internship position in Italy and abroad thanks to the many links the school has with brands and businesses in the fashion and design sectors. These opportunities are offered to students who have attended an Intensive 1-Year Course and who have demonstrated a strong motivation to work in fashion and design, as well as exceptional ability, commitment and achievement during their studies.