Intensive Course in Shoes & Accessories Design
Intensive 1-Year Course
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Attendance mode: Full-time
- Language: This course is available in English
- Next start date(s): October (Applications are open)
- Class size: Limited class size
- Location: Milan
- Tuition Fees:
- EU Citizens – €18,350
- Non-EU Citizens – €19,350
Shoes & Accessories Designer, Head Designer, Fashion Designer, Fashion Graphic Designer, Fashion Coordinator, Accessories and Materials Buyer, Processing Technician, Product Manager.
Fashion accessories and shoes are a key industry within luxury fashion businesses. To succeed as a professional in this area, it is essential to possess a high level of technical and creative ability as well as a thorough knowledge of the fashion system and a strong sense of business and innovation.
The Intensive one-year course in Shoes & Accessories Design provides the skills, knowledge, and expertise needed to work in the footwear and accessories departments of fashion and luxury companies worldwide.
Covering a wide range of skills and spheres of knowledge, from trend research to graphics, colour theory to collection planning, branding to patternmaking, students will gain a comprehensive training aimed at preparing them for a variety of roles across the fashion accessories sector.
The curriculum covers all the key subject areas for designing, developing, and creating fashion accessories collections (shoes, bags, belts, and other small accessories), including prototypes and samples, and also explores important aspects such as branding and merchandising.
- History of Fashion and Accessories
- Trends and Research
- Computer Graphics for Fashion
- Design Process
- Planning and Development of Footwear and Accessories Collections
- Accessories Materials and Technical Specs
- Drawing and Rendering
- Rendering for Luxury Accessories
- Merchandising and Production
- Patternmaking for Shoes and Accessories
- Personal Branding
- Fashion Jewellery
The course curriculum combines theory with a large quantity of authentic practical classes and workshops, including meeting industry experts and participating in guided field trips to key locations in Milan. The course is taught by expert professionals from the industry who provide their experience and knowledge and who constantly update course content to ensure students are learning the latest skills and techniques.
- Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
- Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
- Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Intensive Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
- Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
- Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
- Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
EXAMPLE LESSON TIMETABLE
Lessons are usually held between 10am – 1pm and between 2pm – 5pm. The course is full-time, and attendance is compulsory.
HOW TO APPLY
Accademia del Lusso has a personalised approach to admissions, and we accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications.
To apply for this course, please fill in the online enquiry form and you will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Your place on the course will be confirmed once you have completed the registration procedure and payment. There is no deadline for applications. The course has a limited number of students, and we recommend you apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Upper secondary school qualification
- Suitable knowledge of English: demonstrated by a formal certificate or Skype language interview
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.