Fashion Design in Milan
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Attendance Mode: Full-time (compulsory)
- Language: English
- Start date: October 2018
- Limited class size
- 3-year university degree or equivalent
- Suitable knowledge of English
Fashion Designer, Textile Designer, Accessories and Footwear Designer, Product Manager, Textile and Materials Researcher, Collection Manager, Art Director.
The Master in Fashion Design in Milan shapes a fashion designer who can easily enter the product area of fashion and luxury goods businesses. The course explores a range of creative and design elements as well as training participants in the technical aspects of fashion industrial production; such as collection planning, merchandising, costing and processing. Fundamental components of the course include garment construction and production processes, completed by the use of moulage techniques and 3D CAD simulations. The curriculum also covers specialist techniques in textile design, fabric finishings and embellishment. Students are furthermore taught how to improve the processes employed in the creation of accessories collections, strengthened through the use of CAD design and 3D printers, and will also gain the skills needed to build and promote a start-up company.
Example Subject Areas
- Fashion Graphic Design
- Collection Design & Planning
- Collection Costing & Processing
- Buying Techniques & Merchandising
- Moulage & 3D Patternmaking
- Textiles Design
- Fabric Finishing & Embellishments
- Eco-fashion & Sustainable Fabrics
- Personal Branding & Portfolio
- Project Management & Start-ups
- Practical Workshops
The Careers and External Relations Office at Accademia del Lusso is very active in creating contacts with important sector businesses to allow students to find internship opportunities.